Walter Tipper Ltd are committed to the protection of your privacy. All personal information taken will be held and used in accordance with Data Protection Legislation: up to but excluding 25 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998 and thereafter:
(a) unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then
(b) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
Persons under the age of 16 are not eligible to use our online services and we ask that minors do not submit any personal information to us. We will not knowingly accept any data from a person who is under the age of 16 years.
Use of this website and contacting us, both online, over the telephone and in store, may involve giving us certain information about yourself including your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment details.
We will only ever collect, keep, use or share this information for business purposes only, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we are legally obliged to.
This data may be used:
- To corroborate your identity
- To process payments
- To manage orders
- To communicate with you about your order (via email, telephone, SMS, online or post) – be this completed, failed or abandoned mid-way through the checkout process
- To ask you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys and market research
- With your agreement, to contact you by email, post and SMS, regarding our latest offers, products and services we think you may be interested in
- To manage customer accounts
- To display personalised content on the website such as wish lists, recommended merchandise and services that might be of interest.
- For research, analysis, testing and monitoring purposes
- When we have a legal obligation to disclose your information to the appropriate authorities
- We will store all information received from you and we will take all reasonable care to keep your personal data secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to it. Some of your information is also held overseas in the United States of America where our email service provider (Mailchimp) is based.
It is intended that by providing information about yourself to us you consent to their use for the above purposes. If you do not want us to use this information in this way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We’ll Share
We will never share your information except when we need to work with a third party (for example, a delivery service) or when we’re legally obliged to do so.
We will never sell your information to advertisers or ad networks and we are committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why. Each of these cookies is strictly necessary for the continued operation of this website.
Google Analytics is a third-party tool which has been configured to only collect anonymised data for the use of providing diagnostic information about this websites stability.
This cookie is essential for current state of the page you are in. The information stored contains your preferences for the continued usage of the website (such as your product listing preferences and basket contents).
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org orwww.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Find out how Google uses information from this website: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Some emails that we send have tracking on so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to the Walter Tipper Ltd and other websites.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Walter Tipper Ltd websites;
- credit reference agencies to assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
If you get in touch via email or letter we may keep a record of your correspondence and our responses. Your telephone calls may also be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold in the event that it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us at email@example.com
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address to the following address:
Data Protection Officer,
Tippers Building Materials,