Tippers Tool Hire
We have a dedicated tool hire branch in Birmingham and departments in our Lichfield, Rugeley and Uttoxeter branches.
Comprehensive range of tools available – from heavy duty breakers through to landscaping and gardening tools.
Tool Hire Service available to both trade and retail customers.
Why hire tools from Tippers Tool Hire?
At Tippers we are dedicated to making your site run easier and more cost-effectively with low cost and outstanding service. With our commitment to safety and 1st class service in everything we do, you can be assured you picked the best.
- Already a Tippers trade customer? Use your Tippers account for tool hire.
- Cash customers also welcome.
- Expert staff offering advice will ensure that you get the right tools for the job.
- Operator and safety training provided when you collect your tool.
Tools available for hire include:
- Mixers (Electric and Petrol Mini-mix)
- Garden Equipment (from strimmer and mower to rotovator and turf cutter)
- D.I.Y. tools (wallpaper stripper, carpet stretcher)
- Access tools (ladders, boards, supports, alloy tower)
- Drills (drills, screwdrivers, nail gun)
- Breakers (lightweight / heavyduty and hydraulic)
- Sanding (floor sander, edging sander, router and planer)
- Grinding machines
- Electrics (transformers, splitter, RCD, Extension lead)
- Compacting equipment
- Cleaning equipment (vacuums, carpet cleaners, pressure washers)
- Lighting (flood lights)
We offer PAT Testing Services at Lichfield and Birmingham branches.
Tool Testing and Repair Service
We can repair most tools, call into your nearest branch for a competitive repair estimate.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you require hire equipment on the weekend or on a bank holiday our advice would be to book as early as possible. Visit our Tool Hire page to find contact details for your nearest branch, or to send us an online enquiry.
Yes. If you no longer require the hire equipment, you can call the branch who can mark the items as being “off hire”. The equipment then needs to be returned to branch as soon as possible by yourself or via our collection service if applicable.
Once you have left the branch, the equipment is marked as being on hire. You will be charged for each day you have the equipment until it is returned to branch – irrespective of the original hire term agreed.
You can simply bring the equipment back to the branch you hired it from or, for larger pieces of equipment e.g. plant, we can arrange for the equipment to be collected.
To arrange for a collection you need to call the branch you originally hired the equipment from. They will then mark the equipment as being “off hire” so that you do not get charged for the day it is being collected.
You have two options to choose from for inuring the equipment:
- We can let you know the cost of replacing the equipment so that you can insure the items yourself.
- We can insure the equipment for you using Hireguard. This costs 15% of the total hire amount.
To hire any equipment from us you will need to bring two forms of ID with you.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- driving licence
- bank statement
- utility bill that shows your current address
Without these, you will be unable to hire the equipment you need.