Stoke| Permanent, Full Time
Tippers are the Midlands’ leading building merchant`s suppliers. We’ve been in business as Builders Merchants since 1916 – we have 12 branches across the Midlands which stock a vast array of products from luxury kitchens and bathrooms to timber and insulation.
Due to continued expansion, a Yard Foreman is required to join the business at our Stoke branch.
Job Summary/Overall Scope of Position
- To ensure all customers are served in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner
- To maintain a neat, tidy and safe yard/work area through the promotion of continuous good housekeeping
- Oversee and assist with the receiving, inspection and booking in of all goods received in yard
- Oversee and assist with the inspection of all goods returned to yard/warehouse areas
- Oversee and assist with stock checks and stock rotation
- Oversee and assist with order picking, order collation and loading of customer orders
- Overseeing, supervising and delegating duties and worksheets to Yard Assistants as required
- Training of Yard Assistants as required
- Assisting with the supervision of the Transport in conjunction with the Manager
- Have a constant awareness of Health & Safety issues in the workplace including Safe Manual handling, making sure other Yard Assistants comply with laid down safety rules accordingly
- Have an awareness at all times of Company procedures
- Have a constant awareness of yard security at all times
- Improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked and displayed and generally keep aware of products available in the market place
- A high level of self-motivation
- Ability to lead and supervise
- Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
- To have the persistence to ensure set objectives are met
- To share responsibility with Management for your own personal training and development
- Reliability, good timekeeping and attendance
The above Job Description is designed to indicate the general scope of the position and will be subject to periodic review.