Use of this website and contacting us, both online, over the telephone and in store, may involve giving us certain information about yourself including your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment details.
We will only ever collect, keep, use or share this information for business purposes only, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we are legally obliged to.
This data may be used:
- To corroborate your identity
- To process payments
- To manage orders
- To communicate with you about your order (via email, telephone or post) – be this completed, failed or abandoned mid-way through the checkout process
- To ask you to participate in customer satisfaction surveys and market research
- With your agreement, to contact you by email, post and SMS, regarding our latest offers, products and services we think you may be interested in
- To manage customer accounts
- To display personalised content on the website such as wish lists, recommended merchandise and services that might be of interest.
- For research, analysis, testing and monitoring purposes
- When we have a legal obligation to disclose your information to the appropriate authorities
- We will store all information received from you and we will take all reasonable care to keep your personal data secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to it. Some of your information is also held overseas in the United States of America where our email service provider (Mailchimp) is based.
It is intended that by providing information about yourself to us you consent to their use for the above purposes. If you do not want us to use this information in this way please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We’ll Share
We will never share your information except when we need to work with a third party (for example, a delivery service) or when we’re legally obliged to do so.
We will never sell your information to advertisers or ad networks and we are committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Site Functionality Cookies
We use site functionality cookies to ensure that all features of the website work correctly, and to provide our users with a smooth experience.
Third Party Cookies
We use third party cookies to allow us to show relevant adverts to you when you’re browsing online, for example specific services you’ve looked at.
We also use analytics cookies to help us monitor how our customers use the website and to identify where we can improve. For example, we track the number of people visiting the site, what they click and when they leave.
If you get in touch via email we will keep a record of your emails and our responses. Your telephone calls may also be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address to the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Tippers Building Materials
Lichfield WS14 9TZ