Uttoxeter | Permanent, Full-time
To assist with the development of business growth, achieving excellent customer satisfaction and relationships, in line with business objectives, sales targets and profit margins.
- To ensure that all customers dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner
- To promote, improve and increase profitable Sales for the Company by creating good customer liaisons and communications, developing agreed action plans in accordance with business objectives
- To take responsibility for all lightside and plumbing and heating sales activity, including surveys and take-offs as required
- To ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all quotations and the follow through of all enquiries via website, email, telephone and general correspondence
- To accurately place orders with suppliers ensuring procedures and pricing policies are adhered to
- Proactively identify and contact new and potential customers, including site visits if necessary
- Having an awareness at all times of Company procedures and pricing policies
- Liasing with Manufacturers and Suppliers to further promote Sales where necessary
- Provide an excellent after-sales service to customers including the follow through of complaints and any related issues
- Improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked and generally keep aware of products available in the market place
- Regular meetings to discuss business development and review stock profile
- Any other duties reasonably associated with this position
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous Customer Service experience gained in a Merchant environment
- Approachable, enthusiastic, confident and well motivated
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with a range of customers at all levels within the business, and answer queries effectively with tact and diplomacy at all times
- Good IT skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self disciplined with good organisational and time management skills. Able to prioritise tasks and deal with a number of queries simultaneously
- Goals orientated and tasks driven, able to work to tight deadlines within a pressurised environment and still remain customer facing
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work alone unsupervised as well as part of a close knit team.
- Current UK Driving License.
- Plumbing and Heating related product knowledge.
- Relevant general product knowledge.
- Recent customer service experience.