Stoke | Permanent, Full Time
Tippers are the Midlands’ leading building merchant`s suppliers. We’ve been in business as Builders Merchants since 1916 – we have 12 branches across the Midlands which stock a vast array of products from luxury kitchens and bathrooms to timber and insulation.
Due to continued expansion, a Trade Counter Sales Assistant is required to join the business at our Stoke branch.
Job Summary/Overall Scope of Position
- To ensure that all customers are served in a prompt and efficient manner
- To assist customers with the aim to promote, improve and increase profitable sales for the Company by creating good customer liaison
- To assist in maintaining stock levels and good housekeeping on all displayed items
- To ensure an awareness at all times of Health & Safety regulations and procedures
- To keep up-to-date and aware at all times in respect of all Company procedures relating to all transaction and pricing procedures
- Provide after-sales service to customers where necessary
- Improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked and displayed
- Have an awareness at all times of fraudulent purchases/theft/security
- Any other duties reasonably associated with this department
- A high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work alone, within a team and with supervision
- Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
- Smart Appearance
- Ability to work under pressure
- To have persistence to ensure set tasks/objectives are met
- Reliability, good timekeeping and attendance
- To share responsibility with the Management for your own personal training and development
The above Job Description is designed to indicate the general scope of the position and will be subject to periodic review.