Lichfield/Rugeley and Wolverhampton | Permanent, Full Time
An experienced External Sales Representative is required to join our family run Builders Merchants which has been supplying building and landscaping materials to trade and the public for over 100 years. The successful candidate will need to promote, develop and increase profitable sales for the company by creating new customer relationships while ensuring the highest level of customer service. You will also need to assist with the sales operation of the branches, as required.
- Take ownership of and responsibility for your own customer base, approaching potential customers with enthusiasm and building rapport to create strong relationships.
- Have a proactive approach to sales and optimise the potential of both new and existing customers.
- Take time to identify accounts that would benefit from a more hands-on approach.
- React promptly to all tenders, quotations and estimates in accordance with company pricing policies, completing all paperwork accurately with attention to detail.
- To produce performance reports for your accounts as requested.
- Liaise with manufacturers and suppliers to build rapport and promote mutually profitable sales.
- Be flexible in your approach, with the ability to provide assistance to Senior Sales staff, when required.
- Provide cover for Senior Sales staff and Branch Managers, as required.
- To represent the company at trade functions and events, as necessary.
- A high level of self-motivation
- Approachable, with a proven ability to problem solve effectively
- Ability to work alone and as part of a Sales Team
- Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
- Achieve sales targets, understand and maintain profit margins
- To have persistence to ensure objectives are met
- Computer literate
- Smart Appearance
- To share a responsibility with the Management for your own personal training and development
- Prioritise work and maintain tidy and organised work area/records