Lichfield | Permanent, Full Time
A successful growing business based in the Midlands is seeking a highly motivated Financial Controller to join their team. This is a thriving family business which employs 270 people and has 13 locations across the Midlands. It has a number of divisions supplying materials and services to the construction sector and has plans for continued expansion and development.
- Your ultimate goal is to ensure a reliable, efficient, innovative and cost effective finance and reporting function that enables our business to achieve its growth objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and processes, as well as suggesting improvements
- Take responsibility for monitoring and managing the output of the finance team to ensure that it is sufficiently resourced, is operating efficiently and effectively, including purchase ledger, sales ledger, management accounts, payroll, PI/stock and pricing.
- Work with the IT department to seek efficiency gains in all business processes.
- Prepare periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis with supporting commentary for the senior leadership team.
- Take responsibility for both financial and non-financial controls across the business to manage both commercial and fraud risks. Work closely with the IT department to implement and enhance system based controls.
- Develop improved information reporting to support commercial decisions and help identify opportunities to enhance profitability within the business.
- Develop financial forecasts and modelling for potential business opportunities and future growth
- Ultimate accountability for core finance and reporting tasks ensuring the delivery of finance services maintains pace with the pace of the business.
- Implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Prepare agreed reports for senior management, as required.
- Work closely with credit control to support decision making on overdue accounts, setting of credit limits and review and maintain credit insurance to reflect customer spend / risk exposure.
- Review company VAT returns.
- Review company PAYE/NI returns.
- Be responsible for the management and maintenance of the companies accounting systems including payroll and payment processing software.
- Manage and calculate supplier rebates.
- Must be a qualified or part qualified accountant.
- Be a committed team player with strong and proven team leadership experience.
- Hands – on approach with the ability and desire to delve into detail when required.
- Proven commercial acumen.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to network comfortably across the business.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively complex financial information to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills – specifically excel
- Previous relevant industry knowledge.